PRODUCT LAUNCH: Niton Apollo LIBS Analyser
NEW HANDHELD ANALYSER USES LIBS FOR FAST, ACCURATE CARBON AND ALLOY MEASUREMENT IN THE FIELD
Designed for scrap recyclers, petrochemical plants, fabricators and quality control departments seeking to measure low concentrations of carbon in metal, along with a range of elements, Thermo Scientific’s new lightweight Niton Apollo handheld LIBS analyser features laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) for speed, increased accuracy and greater mobility.
According to Thermo, the new Niton Apollo puts advanced technology into the hands of users in the scrapyard, on-site and in the field. Enabling them to quickly, and more precisely, test metals for carbon content in environments where prior technologies were too cumbersome. Results can be returned in as few as 10 seconds for increased speed and productivity. The portability of the Niton Apollo handheld LIBS analyser is especially valuable for operators at complex jobsites who have historically manoeuvred large equipment into small or difficult spaces to perform analysis.
“Demand for portable, laboratory-grade analysis in the field is growing, and the Niton Apollo LIBS analyser answers the call by replacing bulky OES push carts with an alternative that is designed to be easier to use without sacrificing accuracy,” said Erica Hirsch, vice president and general manager of field and safety instruments at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
“We’ve combined high-speed performance and an easy-to-use interface so even non-technical users can benefit from having the advanced capabilities of LIBS technology in the palm of their hand.”
In addition to quantifying carbon concentrations in low alloys and L+H grade steels, the Niton Apollo also more accurately measures:
- Al, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mn, Mo, Ni, Si, Ti, V, W, Carbon Equivalency (CE) and pseudo elements.
According to Thermo Scientific, this new analyser fulfils an important industry need and complements the line of Niton analysers.
Additional features and benefits of the Niton Apollo LIBS analyser include:
- Third-party-validated interlock designed to keep users and bystanders safe from laser exposure
- A tapered nose to attain more field coverage of awkward corners, joints and tight welds
- Micro and macro cameras to support sample positioning and record keeping documentation
- Wireless data transfer, remote operation and software updates enabled by NitonConnect
- IP54 rating to safeguard against environments containing splashes or dust
- Two (2) hot-swappable Milwaukee batteries with a battery life of 3-4 hours each
- Tilting, colour touchscreen to empower viewing from multiple angles
- Vivid, easy to use application interface
For more information, please contact us