The Niton XL2
The new XL2 Plus for the Harshest Environments
The Niton XL2 Plus is a tough, powerful, handheld instrument for identifying metal alloys and mineral ores easily in the field.
Launched in August 2018, the XL2 Plus is the latest in the XL2 product range of X-Ray fluorescence analysers. There are two models: XL2 980 Plus is calibrated for metals, and XL2 950 Plus for mining.
The XL2 Plus can identify Niobium in Titanium alloys down to 200 ppm and more generally, elements from Magnesium to Uranium, down to 20 ppm in some common alloys.
Special features are the:
- tough new ProGuard detector protection barrier for fewer punctures - this internal detector guard is made of Carbon for better measurement of lighter elements
- upgraded seals for measuring in harsh, dusty, wet environments up to 50°C- IP54 certified
- hot swap battery for 10 hours or more of uninterrupted measuring
- alignment guides on the nose cone for easier, more accurate positioning
- better screen graphics and user interface for easier operation
- bright green instrument livery for better visibility
- SDD Silicon Drift Detector for accurate, fast measurement - 10x faster than conventional Si-PIN detectors
- GOLDD (Geometrically Optimised Large area Drift Detector) configuration for 3 times better precision than other SDD detectors and extended element range to Magnesium
- USB, Bluetooth and RS-232 communication for fast data transfer
- integrated camera for accurate positioning and, with optional GPS, for mapping of the analysis area.
The Niton XL2 Plus gives immediate accurate results non-destructively in a refinery, scrapyard, foundry, factory, field or wherever material analysis is needed. It enables engineers to identify alloys precisely, recyclers to find value in waste and geologists to map mining deposits reliably.
Contact us today to book a demo.
The Niton XL2 x-ray fluorescence analyser has been designed to provide a rugged analytical instrument at an attractive price-point. When speed, accuracy, and reliability count, the combination of strong hardware, smart software, and industry experience helps the Niton XL2 to meet your specific analytical requirements.
The Niton XL2 has the following as standard:
- Rugged pelican storage case
- 2 Batteries (Up to 7 hour battery life)
- Battery charging dock with charger
- Camera to take picture of sample area
- NDT (Niton Data Transfer) Software
- Certified Reference Standard
- Certificate of Calibration
Taking advantage of the standard Niton Data Transfer (NDT©) PC software suite to customise the Niton XL2, you can set user permissions, generate custom reports, print certificates of analysis personalised with your own company logo, or remotely monitor and operate the instrument hands-free from your PC. Integrated USB and Bluetooth communications provide direct data transfer to your PC or networked storage device, eliminating the cumbersome data synchronisation procedures required by PDA-based XRF analysers.
The entry level Niton XL2 provides cost-effective, high-speed performance and point-and-shoot simplicity that you have come to expect from industry leading Niton analysers.
The Niton XL2 800 is a practical and cost-effective solution from the pioneer in handheld x-ray fluorescence instrumentation and provides you with many distinct advantages:
- Perfect for the analysis of metal alloys
- Rugged design for real-world industrial environments
- Easy to use - even by non-technical personnel
- Truly non-destructive test with near instantaneous results
- From turn on, to trigger pull, to results in just seconds
- Confident analysis with technology from the industry leader
It is the ideal instrument to analyse metal alloys for scrap recycling or final product Quality Control. The Niton XL2 provides immediate non-destructive analysis of alloy materials from titanium to nickel, as well as achieving superior performance for tramp and trace element analysis.
Please contact us today for further information and/or to arrange a free demonstration.
XL2 980 (GOLDD)
The Niton XL2 GOLDD with our ground breaking GOLDD (Geometrically Optimised Large Drift Detector) technology, your analytical capabilities are taken to a whole new level:
- Light element detection (Mg, Al, Si, P, S) without helium purge vacuum
- Up to 10x faster than conventional Si-PIN detectors
GOLDD technology delivers vast improvements in sensitivity. It is as much as 10-times faster than conventional Si-PIN detectors and up to 3-times more precise than conventional silicon drift detectors (SDD).
We have combined the Niton XL2 GOLDD 45kV, 100 µA x-ray tube, closely optimized geometry, and patented signal processing hardware and software. These are coupled with one of the largest drift detectors that is commercially available in a handheld instrument, providing you with superior performance in the form of faster analysis and lower detection limits.
The Niton XL2 GOLDD is also the definitive tool for PMI and scrap metal recycling. It provides immediate, nondestructive chemical analysis of alloy materials from aluminium to titanium to nickel, as well as achieving superior performance for tramp and trace element analysis. With its unparalleled accuracy you can be confident that the Niton XL2 GOLDD won’t misidentify value, grade or residuals.
Entry Level General Metals Analyser
This instrument has been designed to provide a low cost way to analyse alloys whilst still providing the top performance and features that all Niton Analysers deliver.
The XL2 100G is ideal for the following applications:
- Scrap Metal Recycling
- QC/QA Testers
Precious Metals Analyser
The Niton XL2 100 series gold test kit is specifically designed for the precious metals and jewellery markets, specially calibrated for an element range covering Gold, Silver, Platinum, Platinum, Rhodium, Ruthenium, Iridium, Zinc, Copper, Nickel, Cobalt, Iron, Lead, Selenium.
The Niton XL2 100 gold testing equipment includes as standard the gold testing machine and a mobile test stand plus a carry case.
The test stand allows the handheld XL2 100 unit to be easily converted to offer the stability of a bench or countertop system. The gold analyzer simply docks into the test stand and is then operated via the unit itself, or remotely through a PC, for safe, certified portable analysis.
Testing can take place in store, at a customer’s premises or in shopping centres, giving immediate results on the colour touch screen. The advanced programmes will allow a tailored certificate of authenticity to be printed analysing the chemistry and other details for the customer.The Niton XL2 100 also includes advanced Thermo Scientific AuDIT™ technology for the instant detection of gold plating.
Please contact us today for further information about our XL2 100 gold test kits and/or to arrange a free demonstration. Alternatively, please see the Niton DXL GoldPro countertop unit for comparison.